Date:      Fri, 7 Jun 1996 16:40:52 -0400 (EDT)
From:      SINELNIKOV@sbmp04.ess.sunysb.edu
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ether configuration

Hello list,

  First I see a "ed0: device timeout" messages at the boot time after each
  attempt to add either localnet or default through a gateway.

  Second, my ping command takes so much time if I use aliases from /etc/hosts
  or networks.

  If anyone has time to give me the answer why I have these problems or
  just guess I would very much appriciate it.

  Thank you.

  Yegor

I am having a problem which may look simple for experienced people