Date:      Fri, 30 May 1997 16:15:49 -0300 (ADT)
From:      Antonio Bemfica <bemfica@militzer.me.tuns.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Error while making world - why?

I've been getting the following error while "making world".  This is on a
machine which was upgraded to 2.2.2 from 2.1.6, with fresh source
downloaded with cvsup. After failing to compile a few times I removed the
entire source tree and the cvsup records and downloaded the source again.
Still no success. The machine is the domain name server for our network
(DNS still works fine), and I am wondering if the error could be due to
some weird DNS configuration file somewhere.  I'd appreciate any help.

Antonio

cc -O -I/nethome2/src/libexec/named-xfer/../../contrib/bind -I/nethome2/src/libe
xec/named-xfer/../../contrib/bind/include -DUSE_OPTIONS_H    -o named-xfer named
-xfer.o db_glue.o storage.o dmalloc.o version.o
named-xfer.o: Undefined symbol `_inet_nsap_ntoa' referenced from text segment
named-xfer.o: Undefined symbol `_inet_ntop' referenced from text segment
named-xfer.o: Undefined symbol `___loc_ntoa' referenced from text segment
*** Error code 1

Stop.