Date:      Tue, 7 Apr 1998 11:33:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Diana Roman <dcr10@worldnet.att.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help me!!!!! : (

On Mon, 6 Apr 1998, Diana Roman wrote:

> Hi there, I'm running into a problem (or problems?) in the installation
> process.
>
> I made myself a boot disk, and I'm trying to install FreeBSD on my 486
> laptop, which is currently running no other OS or anything. I have a
> suspicion that the install program isn't finding my PCMCIA modem...

The install floppy doesn't support PCCARD modems.  If you need to use it
then grab the PAO install floppy from http://www.jp.freebsd.org/PAO/,
although you'll need a way of getting a 2.2.5 installation until the 2.2.6
floppy is released.

> Then I go to the FreeBSD Disklabel editor and choose A, since I'm devoting
> the whole drive to BSD - it prompts me for a mount point for the partition,
> and I'm not sure what to enter here. I've been entering '/0' because it
> seems to accept this answer (stupid and wrong, I know).

You shouldn't be asked about the mountpoints if you use the (A)uto
defaults option.  Use / if asked.