Date:      Tue, 6 Sep 2005 11:28:48 +0930
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   6.0-BETA3 tests

--nextPart3265373.QbrW3HqqDA

Hi,
I am trying 6.0-BETA3 amd64 on an Abit AV8 based system using the onboard S=
ATA=20
RAID connected to 2 WD 320 disks.

I have a PS/2 keyboard which is not properly detected by the system  (but i=
t=20
isn't detected in 5.4 either so it's not a regression..  it would be nice t=
o=20
have it work though :)=20

To work around this I do 'set hint.atkbd.0.flags=3D"0x0"' in the loader - w=
ould=20
it be possible to  have a menu option for this?

I tried 'Boot with a USB keyboard' in the 5.4 install but that made no=20
difference, and there is no beastie menu in the 6.0 disk so I can't try it=
=20
here. I am not sure what that option does but I suspect it might be stale=20
from a time when the atkbd default device flags were 0, not 1 and hence the=
=20
PS/2 keyboard was always seen by default.

=2D-=20
are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum