Date:      Wed, 29 Nov 2000 23:20:40 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        Klaus Berbach <K_Berbach@gmx.de>, "freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 4.2 fails to boot (kernel) from CD

Thanks, Terry, for clarifying. I thought I was clear, but I guess I was
speaking in code.

At an rate, David O'Brien has already confirmed that the cdboot was broken,=
 so
unless you re-burn a CD after today, please build the two floppies (kern.fl=
&& mfsroot.flp) from the CD and boot kern.flp (boot dva0) instead.