Date:      Fri, 18 Apr 2003 00:42:50 -0400
From:      "Mezz bsdforums.org" <reigncracks@hotmail.com>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Nautilus 2.2.3.1 crashes if I enter themes:/// (seg fault)..

>On Fri, 2003-04-18 at 00:04, Mezz bsdforums.org wrote:
> > Here's what I get from the Bug Buddy's Backtrace following:
>
>Bug-buddy's backtraces can be quite useless sometimes.  It might be
>better to bind gdb to a running Nautilus then capture the the bt once it
>dies.

How do I stop to get Gnome2 run Nautilus automatic? I stopped fam and it
still keep get Nautilus runs by automatic. I tried to use killall and
nautilus --quit.. Looks like I will get in Openbox and run Nautilus with
gdb.

>[snip]
>

> > If there's something else you want me to do, please let me know.
>
>I was able to use themes:/// in -STABLE.  I wonder if this is a malloc
>bug.  Can you do ln -s aj /etc/malloc.conf, and see if the problem
>persists?

The problem still exist with aj.

> > Oh btw: Is there any root session that use PAM or something else in
>Gnome2
> > for FreeBSD? Like, RedHat has it. I never like to login as root, so I
> > personal perfer to use su and something like what RedHat does by popup a
> > password dialog and will be login for a few minutes and kill the
>session. I
> > am looking for this, so I can use the burn:///.. If none, then I can
>tweak
> > the cd permission to my user account thought.
>
>There is a GNOME su (like KDE has), but I don't think it offers what
>you're looking for.  If it were me, I'd play with the permissions on the
>CD /dev entry.

Ok, bummer. I will play with the permissions.

Cheers,
Mezz