Date:      Mon, 24 Jul 1995 06:59:46 -0600
From:      kelly@fsl.noaa.gov (Sean Kelly)
To:        rob.rose@bigbear.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: printscreen

    Rob> does fbsd have a printscreen type function?

If you're running X, there's `xwd -root' followed by a pipeline of the
correct conversion filters to get things into a format for your
printer.  See the `man xwd' and the `netpbm' package.

    Rob> also, i have a hp540 deskjet. what do i need to do to hook
    Rob> this puppy up to my new unix box? (I dont even know where to
    Rob> start)

Ah, you'd be an excellent test customer for the Printing section of
the handbook ... now if only I had it finished.  :)

To start, is this printer on a serial port or a parallel port?

--
Sean Kelly
NOAA Forecast Systems Lab, Boulder Colorado USA

When I was a baby, I kept a diary.  Recently, I was rereading it.  It
said, "Day 1 -- Still tired from the move.  Day 2 -- Everybody talks
to me like I'm an idiot."  I was upset because on my second birthday,
I went from being one to being two, and my age doubled in a year.  I
figured at this rate, by the time I'm six, I'll be ninety.
-- Steven Wright