Date:      Sat, 22 Jul 1995 21:54:11 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What people are doing with FBSD

On Sat, 22 Jul 1995, Michael Smith wrote:

> John-Mark Gurney stands accused of saying:
> > > This is work in process.  If you look at the 2.0.5R versions of rc, and
> > > netstart at the top they have clear markers saying that if for some
> > > reason you need to modify this file we would like to know about it.
> >
> > does that mean that I should tell you guys about my addion of the xfs,
> > xdm, pcnfsd, and bootp stuff to /etc/rc and /etc/sysconfig?  I added them in
> > the tradion of the other options...
>
> Well yes, for some of them.  Xdm is probably better started out of /etc/ttys,
> and pcnfsd is already handled by inetd.

reason I use xdm in /etc/rc and not /etc/ttys is that I want to get a
login window for my dos machines running Xappeal (a Xserver)...

pcnfsd may be started by inetd but I had troubles in that my programs
couldn't find it... so I added pcnfsd to run all the time and it works
nicely now...

John-Mark

gurney_j@efn.org
Modem/FAX: (503) 683-6954   (FreeBSD Box)

Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD (unix)