Date:      Tue, 10 Apr 2007 22:54:21 +0200
From:      "Johan Hendriks" <Johan@double-l.nl>
To:        <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   lost zfs pool after buildworld

I had created a zfs pool of two disks (da1 and da2).
=20
# zpool create tank mirror /dev/da1 /dev/da2
then created the dir
# zfs create tank/samba
and the mount point
#zfs set mountpoint=3D/usr/local/samba tank/samba
=20
it all worked well.
this was after zfs was put to head the same hours after.
Now i have cvsupped the system did a buildworld and my pool is gone.
zpool list says no pool defined.
=20
I did the installworld from a remote location so zfs was active during =
installworld, and zfs module loaded.
=20
Must i unload zfs next time?
I have recreated the pool now ( no important data) but is this normal or =
is it bad luck.
=20
And is there a way to let zpool see the metadata (if any) on the disk.
=20
regards,
Johan