Date:      Mon, 23 Oct 2000 21:18:28 -0400
From:      Michael Silver <msilver@sc.rr.com>
To:        "Adam Fladwood" <adam@wiredrave.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sendmail -or- Qmail?

Adam,

I am using qmail on two systems currently, along with some virtual
domain add-ins such as vpopmail.  So far I am very impressed with it,
and there are some fairly good instructions on setting it up.  I did
run into a strange problem (another story), but after reading the qmail FAQ, I was
able to fix it easily.

I have one system running about 4 domains with pop and smtp access.  I
don't have any large scale systems that would really test qmails
reliability, stability and speed, but so far I would highly recommend
it.  There is also fairly good documentation and add-ins such as web
mail, mailing lists, autoresponders, etc.

I chose qmail over sendmail for it's simplicity with out sacrificing
power.  I chose qmail over postfix due to it's larger user base, better documentation
and add-ins.

AF> I've heard qmail is easier to configure and I've also heard it's faster...
AF> is this true?  What does everyone else use/recommend?

...Michael Silver...