Date:      Tue, 19 Oct 1999 17:20:01 -0400
From:      Mitch Collinsworth <mkc@Graphics.Cornell.EDU>
To:        "A.J." <aj@tesys.com>
Cc:        support@cdrom.com, questions@FreeBSD.ORG, support@tesys.com
Subject:   Re: How to make Ethernet come up as Full-Duplex...

Assuming it's an fxp device (see "ifconfig -a") change the fxp0 line
in /etc/rc.conf to look like this:

ifconfig_fxp0="inet 12.34.56.78 netmask 255.255.255.0 media 100baseTX
mediaopt full-duplex"

(That's all on one line, and make sure to use your own addr and netmask.)

Also see "man fxp" for the documentation.

-Mitch