Date:      Tue, 11 Nov 2003 15:13:53 +0100
From:      Uwe Doering <gemini@geminix.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kernel error

Norhisham Khalil wrote:
> i have error message on my samba server on freebsd 5.1
>
> FreeBSD bsdbro.fc.com 5.1-RELEASE-p2 FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE-p2 #1: Sun Aug 24
> 16:48:49 MYT 2003     root@bsdbro.fc.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/BSDKING
> i386
>
> kernel: psmintr: delay too long; reseting byte count
> kernel: psmintr: out of sync (0008 != 0000).
> kernel: psmintr: discard a byte (1)
>
> is this a sign of deteriorating harddisk?
> or i need to tweak syscontrol?

This is the mouse driver complaining that it got out of sync with your
pointer device.  This can happen from time to time and is harmless as
long as it occurs infrequently.  At least that's my experience.

    Uwe
--
Uwe Doering         |  EscapeBox - Managed On-Demand UNIX Servers
gemini@geminix.org  |  http://www.escapebox.net