Date:      Wed, 31 Jan 2007 14:40:09 +0300
From:      Alex Povolotsky <tarkhil@webmail.sub.ru>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org,  freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   mpd locking system?

Hello!

for about 4-5 days, I'm expeirencing heavy troubles with my VPN (mpd)
6.1-RELEASE based server.

After some time (minimum 2 seconds, maximum 12 hours) of running MPD
with moderate load (about 100-200 clients, CPU not overused), system
locks (even keyboard hangs) to reset. Nothing at all in logs.

Patching kernel to 6.1p12 did not help.

Attempt to add kern.ipc.nmbclusters="0" to /boot/loader.conf did not
change anything.

The box seems to be healthy (at least, CPU fan works ok, no symptoms of
overheating at all). It has run under more load without a flaw.

I hope someone can help.

Alex.