Date:      Wed, 14 Apr 1999 16:19:50 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        paul@originative.co.uk, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: More of my totally ineffective PR efforts in action. :-)

Hi,

On Wed, 14 Apr 1999, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> We already have a very good story to tell on the server side, along
> with some great customer testimonials (nobody has ever said FreeBSD
> was an awesome desktop, at least not in print :), and we need to play
> to our strengths and run with that.

I beg to differ.  Okay, it's not print but...

	http://www.daemonnews.org/199810/deskbsd.html

has me talking about how FreeBSD makes a great workstation/desktop for
scientists/researchers.  Of course my machine also acts as a server and
works great.  :-)

I do think we could push to be more visible in the science/research
desktop area because the tools that most of us in this area use (LaTeX, C,
Fortran etc) are all available.  Heck there's even a biology section in
the ports!  :-)

I'm not saying abandon the server though.  :-)

Brett
Brett Taylor            brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu *
                        brett@daemonnews.org              *
							  *