Date:      Tue, 07 Mar 2006 00:08:57 -0500
From:      wc_fbsd@xxiii.com
To:        Bill Schoolcraft <bill@wiliweld.com>,freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Power adapter question (off topic, sorry)

At 11:57 PM 3/6/2006, Bill Schoolcraft wrote:
>I've lost my Lucent/Orinoco RG-1000 power supply.
>The Access Point states it needs 9volts-DC @ 1.1amps.
>All I can find at Radio Shack is 9volts-DC @ 1.0amps.

I did some quick googling, and it looks like the same unit is sold
under HP and some other brands.  Maybe you can find one on EBay with
a power adapter?

Otherwise... buy the Radio Shanty adapter and give it a try.  I found
a pic' of the internals of the unit, and it looks like it further
filters and regulates the 9V to a lower level, so the slightly lower
current output probably isn't a problem.  Worst case, it just won't
work;  I doubt you can damage it trying.

(disclaimer - I've been a hardware hobbyist for 30 or so years, but I
flunked out of EE @ Univ of Cincinnati 21 years ago!)

   -Wayne