Date:      Sun, 27 Jul 2008 20:30:07 GMT
From:      Joe Kelsey <joe@zircon.seattle.wa.us>
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/125993: www/firefox3 is unusable

The following reply was made to PR ports/125993; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Joe Kelsey <joe@zircon.seattle.wa.us>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, joe@zircon.seattle.wa.us
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 13:22:31 -0700

 OK.  I recently spent condiserable time because mplayer stopped working
 on my system.  In order to watch movies, I spent a lot of time getting
 totem to operate correctly, which meant that I aalso had to figure out
 the whole Nautilus mess.  I absolutely HATE nautilus, but I managed to
 get it to the point where it does not replace my xphoon background with
 stupid colors.  I have to start the "File Browser" after logging in to
 my gnome desktop.  I really want to nuke all of that nautilus crap, but
 the hald stuff does work nicely.

 Now, since totem USED to work flawlessly in firefox2, but it causes a
 coredump in forefox3, that means that firefox3 is BROKEN.  I am really
 sorry that it took you 3 weeks to notice that firefox3 was broken, but I
 noticed the firest day it was released and submitted a PR.  Just because
 you don't pay attention to it does not matter to me.  I reported that
 totem core dumps firefox3 immediately.

 I cannot find any explanation anywhere which describes this so-called
 manual process to install plugins.  If there was an explanation
 anywhere, I would follow the directions immediately and do it.  No
 plugins work in firefox3.  Totem does not work.  Gnash does not work.
 No plugin that I can find works.  Therefore, forefox3 is BROKEN.  Either
 explain how we can fix the brokenness, or remove firefox3.

 I am really tired of watching the system coredump.  I have submitted PRs
 with debugging information attached.  No one has responded to any of
 them.  Either respond to them and tell me how to fix the problems, or
 remove firefox3.

 /Joe