Date:      Tue, 20 Jan 2004 03:20:01 +0200
From:      Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu@apropo.ro>
To:        Veronica Brainfluff <danimariepies@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel Make troubleshooting

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 14:27:39 -0800 (PST)
Veronica Brainfluff <danimariepies@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am trying to customise my kernel for the very first
> time.  I got through config, make depend and when I
> ran 'make' I got an error called: "Error code 1".
> Attached is my configuration file, DARNBOXKERNEL.  I
> hope you can find out what I did wrong! :)

Veronica, first of all, when asking a question you should provide as
much info as necessary; it's better to have to much that to little.

1. What  FreeBSD version are you running ( It seems from your kernel
config file you're running 5.x ) ?

2. Error code 1 means just error, what is the system printing above
that (give about 6-10 lines) ?

3. Did you cvsup before ?

Also, do you have all this ?
 # RAID controllers
 device		aac		# Adaptec FSA RAID
 device		aacp		# SCSI passthrough for aac (requires CAM)
 device		amr		# AMI MegaRAID
 #device		ida		# Compaq Smart RAID
 device		ips		# IBM (Adaptec) ServeRAID
 device		mlx		# Mylex DAC960 family
 device		pst		# Promise Supertrak SX6000
 device		twe		# 3ware ATA RAID
if not ;) cut them out.

Also you can leave out pcm and kldload(8) the .ko you need.

--
IOnut
Unregistered ;) FreeBSD user