Date:      Thu, 06 Oct 2005 17:43:25 +0200
From:      Mika <freebsd@mean.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Firefox dies unexpectedly.

Hi,

has anyone have the problem that firefox dies spontaneously ? I get this
output from firefox --sync, it seems to happen on very different sites,
and not always at the same site. I'm trying to figure out if it's
Firefox,Xorg or FreeBSD that causes this to happen.

gluffis@beeyatch:~:firefox --sync
NP_Initialize
New
open dsp: Device busy
SetWindow
SetWindow
SetWindow
New
SetWindow
SetWindow
SetWindow
NewStream
WriteReady
Write
WriteReady
Write
WriteReady
Write
WriteReady
Write
WriteReady
Write
DestroyStream
Destroy
The program 'Gecko' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadShmSeg (invalid shared segment parameter)'.
  (Details: serial 129 error_code 178 request_code 147 minor_code 2)
   backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()
function.)

Mozilla Firefox 1.0.6, Copyright (c) 1998 - 2005 mozilla.org

FreeBSD beeyatch 7.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT #3: Sun Sep 25 11:21:45
CEST 2005

--
Even alcohol can bend the room.