Date:      Wed, 13 Dec 1995 12:32:51 -0600 (CST)
From:      Rob Snow <rsnow@txdirect.net>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
Cc:        Bob Willcox <bob@luke.pmr.com>, freebsd-current <freebsd-current@freefall.freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: sups from SUP.FreeBSD.ORG not working well anymore :-(

On Wed, 13 Dec 1995, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:

> Dima has also reported this, but I can't get it to happen here.
> What version of the kernel are you running?  What version of SUP?
> Is it only the ports collections?
>
> I did make some modifications to sup, but they should only have affected
> how the scan files are found/generated.  Of course, SUP is such a festering
> pile of globals and poor design that my changes may have had other
> ramifications, but I wouldn't have expected newtwork read/write failures.
> Anyone who has the time, feel free to review the patch-ab that is in
> our current port.
>
> >I have noticed that lately (last 3-4 days or so) that my attempts at supping
> >from SUP.FreeBSD.ORG have not been to reliable.  I keep geting stuff like:
> >
> >SUP: Will retry in 333 seconds
> >SUP: Read error on network: Connection reset by peer
> >SUP: Premature EOF on network input
> >SUP: Network write timed out
> >SUP: Error receiving file from file server
> >SUP: SUP: Upgrade of ports-plan9-current aborted at Dec 13 08:28:24 1995
> >
> >Thanks,
> >--
> >Bob Willcox
> >bob@luke.pmr.com (or obiwan%bob@uunet.uu.net)
> >Austin, TX
>
> --
> Justin T. Gibbs
>   FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations

Dont know if this is related.I noticed that yesterday freefall was
unavailable here.  ping just spun it's wheels and any other attempt
met with the same results till 6-7pm(?) last night (CST).

Rob Snow                                        Powered by FreeBSD
rsnow@txdirect.net                          http://www.freebsd.org