Date:      Sun, 4 Nov 2007 17:03:45 -0700
From:      "Maksim Yevmenkin" <maksim.yevmenkin@gmail.com>
To:        "Eric Millbrandt" <emillbrandt@coldhaus.com>
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bluetooth mouse/keyboard blues

On 11/4/07, Eric Millbrandt <emillbrandt@coldhaus.com> wrote:
> Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:
> >
> >> 1) make sure you have paired bluetooth keyboard/mouse and your pc
> >>

> Oops, I just figured out how to pair the keyboard.  You need to hold the
> power button down for three seconds and then enter the pin.  The
> keyboard works great.

ok

> Why would the mouse buttons work but not cursor movement?

what bluetooth mouse do you have exactly?

you tell me that buttons work, so i assume, bluetooth communication
channel works.

i dumped the hid descriptor that you have provided in your previous
email, and got

===

Collection page=Consumer usage=Consumer_Control
Input   id=20 size=2 count=1 page=Generic_Desktop usage=Mouse
Variable, logical range 0..3
Input   id=20 size=1 count=1 page=Microsoft usage=0xfe11 Variable,
logical range 0..1
End collection
Collection page=Generic_Desktop usage=Mouse
Collection page=Generic_Desktop usage=Pointer
Input   id=17 size=1 count=1 page=Button usage=Button_1 Variable,
logical range 0..1
Input   id=17 size=1 count=1 page=Button usage=Button_2 Variable,
logical range 0..1
Input   id=17 size=1 count=1 page=Button usage=Button_3 Variable,
logical range 0..1
Input   id=17 size=1 count=1 page=Button usage=Button_4 Variable,
logical range 0..1
Input   id=17 size=4 count=1 page=Generic_Desktop usage=X Variable
Relative, logical range 0..127
End collection
End collection
Collection page=Consumer usage=Consumer_Control
Feature id=25 size=8 count=1 page=Microsoft usage=0xff18 Variable,
logical range 0..255
Feature id=25 size=8 count=1 page=Microsoft usage=0xff19 Variable,
logical range 0..255
Feature id=25 size=8 count=1 page=Microsoft usage=0xff1a Variable,
logical range 0..255
Feature id=25 size=8 count=1 page=Microsoft usage=0xff1b Variable,
logical range 0..255
Feature id=25 size=8 count=1 page=Microsoft usage=0xff1c Variable,
logical range 0..255
Feature id=25 size=8 count=1 page=Microsoft usage=0xff1d Variable,
logical range 0..255
Feature id=25 size=8 count=1 page=Microsoft usage=0xff1e Variable,
logical range 0..255
Feature id=25 size=8 count=1 page=Microsoft usage=0xff1f Variable,
logical range 0..255
Feature id=25 size=8 count=1 page=Microsoft usage=0xff20 Variable,
logical range 0..255
Feature id=25 size=8 count=1 page=Microsoft usage=0xff21 Variable,
logical range 0..255
Feature id=25 size=8 count=1 page=Microsoft usage=0xff22 Variable,
logical range 0..255
Feature id=25 size=1 count=1 page=Microsoft usage=0xff23 Variable,
logical range 0..1
End collection

===

one thing that is very strange is that i'm not seeing input report for
the Y axis. this could be the problem with usb hid descriptor parsing,
or (less likely), perhaps, this mouse uses non-standard hid report. i
will need to decode it manually to see where the problem is.

thanks,
max