Date:      Mon, 21 Jun 2004 14:32:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jim Arnold <jim0266@yahoo.com>
To:        epilogue@allstream.net, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: missing ports; portsdb problem

> Jim,
>
> You mentioned that you didn't have a refuse file.
>
> You might want to double check that
> /usr/local/etc/cvsup/sup/refuse or

[other_default_base_specified_by_your_ports_supfile]/sup/refuse
> does
> indeed not exist.
>
> find / -name refuse -print    #also a handy way,
> providing your user has
> the perms to read the dirs where refuse might be
> lurking.
>
> > But, I didn't bother to remove my recently
> cvsup'ed ports collection
> > (sans other lang). I just edited my refuse file to
> allow alternate
> > lang ports back in and re-cvsup'ed. Afterward, my
> portsdb -uU also
> > succeeded.
>
> Yeah.  Something changed a couple of weeks ago.
> This solution worked for
> me too.
>
> Good luck,
> epi

Hmmmmm. Well, I did have both
/usr/src/refuse
/usr/sup/refuse
and they both had other languages in them.

I don't remember adding them but that's not saying
much   ;)

I'll try removing those files and do another run at
updating the ports. Thanks for the help.

Jim