Date:      Sun, 26 Jan 1997 22:35:38 -0500 (EST)
From:      patrick mcandrew <pmcandre@tiac.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IP ROUTING

Hello all,

I have a FreeBSD box that is a gateway to the internet. Its config is pretty
simple, 1 network card (which goes to my 4 suns, my internal lan) and a USR
modem (external) that goes to the internet. I have a dynamic ip, now i enabled
IP forwarding/gatewaying, and the box dosent forward ICMP, TCP,or UDP packets
to the ppp interface via the net card. It worked fine with linux, and i cant
understand why its not working. Also, when i ping a host on the net, i see
the SendData modem light light up, but the receive data stays dark. prehaps
the packets can't find their way back?? i used imaginery ip address' for my
internal lan(6.6.6.2-6.6.6.5). The gateway is 6.6.6.1 on the net card (WD8003)
and the ppp0 interface is assigned a number dynamicly. I have on all the suns
the default route set to 6.6.6.1 and the default route on the gateway(6.6.6.1)
set to the far end of the ppp link. now i can access the entire internet through
freebsd, but my lan cant. any help??

thanks,
pat