Date:      Tue, 24 Jun 1997 13:38:54 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Lars Fredriksen <fredriks@Mcs.Net>
Cc:        peter@spinner.dialix.com.au, lars@fredriks-1.pr.mcs.net, dyson@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Recent (last two days) smp kernel is hanging for me

Lars,

---
which of the above addresses is preferred for contacting you:
fredriks@Mcs.Net or  lars@fredriks-1.pr.mcs.net

---
> This morning when I booted the SMP kernel with the lock fixes I let
> it sit for about 10 minutes or so after it got hung and I did get
> error messages from the scsi driver where it said that it timed out
> 	"Timeout SCB handled by another timeout"
> on the controller that has the swapdevices on it which to me indicates
> that the kernel does not see the interrupt back from the controller board.
> Now I am making one hell of an assumption here, and that is that the
> firmware download and initialization of the board succeeded. The dmesg
> did indicate that. Now I'll do one more test and that is to comment
> out the swapon in /etc/rc. I expect that if I do that, the machine will
> just fail to mount any of the file systems that is connected through
> the second (ahc0) controller. Now from what I can see, ahc0 is sharing
> the interrupt with vga and ethernet controllers, even though they seem
> to be steered to different pins(?) by means of pci0.19.0, pci.18.0, and
> so forth.

So it seems we are back to the odd mptable contents.  This would certainly
explain a missing INT.

The supermicro site lists the P6DNE as curently using BIOS version 1.1,
which version are you using?

--
Steve Passe	| powered by