Date:      Tue, 29 Jun 1999 16:57:03 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Jonathon Doran <doranj@Colorado.EDU>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: samba fs

Please don't post HTML to the list...

> Are there any plans to create a way to =
> mount=20
> windows samba nfs? like linux's sambafs. I have tried sharityd, but its =
> not that=20
> great.

The short answer:  I hope not

The long answer:

It would help to know what you didn't like about Sharity, then perhaps it
could get fixed.  I haven't had any problems with it to speak of, so I can't
guess at what you've experienced.  If there was something you were having
trouble accomplishing, perhaps we could offer some advice.

I'm a bit troubled by the Linux philosophy of putting stuff in the kernel
which should be left in user-land.  Sharity shows that this function can
exist in user-land, and so preserve some sanity in the kernel.

Jon Doran

NB:  I was a bit amused as the discussion of placing Mozilla in the Linux
kernel.   <waiting a bit for the audience to recover>  Yes, now instead of
restarting the browser, you can reboot your box.