Date:      Tue, 12 Oct 1999 14:29:45 +0200
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>
To:        Walter Hafner <hafner@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netscape 4.61 (Linux) broken since adding linux_base-5.2

Walter Hafner wrote:

> ===>  Building for linux_kdump-1.3
> Warning: Object directory not changed from original /usr/ports/devel/linux_kdump/work/linux_kdump-1.3
> cc -O2 -m486 -pipe -I/usr/src/usr.bin/ktrace -I/   -I/usr/local/usr/include -c kdump.c
> kdump.c: In function `ktrsyscall':
> kdump.c:249: structure has no member named `ktr_args'
> *** Error code 1

I already fixed this on sunday.

> Linux gdb doesn't help, as you stated already:
>
> w3proj2# /compat/linux/usr/bin/gdb /usr/local/Acrobat3/Reader/intellinux/bin/acroread acroread.core
> /compat/linux/usr/bin/gdb: error in loading shared libraries
> /usr/lib/libtermcap.so.2: undefined symbol: _DefaultRuneLocale

But it does help! Here's the problem: Both gdb and acroread are Linux
binaries. Now explain to me why Linux binaries want a FreeBSD
libtermcap? :-)

Make sure you don't have LD_LIBRARY_PATH messing things up.

--
Marcel Moolenaar                        mailto:marcel@scc.nl
SCC Internetworking & Databases           http://www.scc.nl/