Date:      Thu, 10 Apr 1997 17:52:04 +0900 (KST)
From:      grog@lemis.de
To:        administrator@jcis.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD Questions)
Subject:   Re: Help!

Cherry writes:
> I just got "The Complete FreeBSD" book from Walnut Creek CDROM and am
> trying to clarify COMCONSOLE option in page 204.
>
> What I want to do is to use a COM1 port as a console instead of a VGA
> port. After I enabled this option, I still get the prompt on my VGA
> screen.
>
> Would you kindly give me right direction of how to do it?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Bob Lee

Well, you're doing what I would do, too, *if* I had ever tried it.  In
fact, as always in such cases, I just took the standard documentation
and formatted it to be more legible: I've never used COMCONSOLE (or a
lot of other things I describe).  I'm copying FreeBSD-questions on
this message; hopefully somebody there will be able to help you.

Greg