Date:      Tue, 17 Nov 1998 11:50:39 -0500
From:      Chris Johnson <cjohnson@palomine.net>
To:        "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>, FreeBSD-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: bsd.port.pre.mk

On Tue, Nov 17, 1998 at 12:00:30AM -0800, Jason C. Wells wrote:
> What is bsd.port.pre.mk and bsd.port.post.mk?
>
> My 3.0-RELEASE doesn't have these but one of my ports (kerberos V)
> requires them.

I had the same problem on a 2.2.7 system. I got the files from the package
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/packages-stable/Latest/227upgrade.tgz. I
don't know if it would be appropriate to use these on a 3.0 system though.
They're pretty new--I didn't need them last week, but after cvsupping my ports
tree the other day I found some ports that needed them.

Chris