Skip site navigation (1)Skip section navigation (2)
Date:      Thu, 17 Oct 2013 13:01:51 -0700
From:      David Newman <dnewman@networktest.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't upgrade lzip port [SOLVED]
Message-ID:  <5260422F.7040503@networktest.com>
In-Reply-To: <52603EE1.9070003@networktest.com>
References:  <525F37D2.4030401@networktest.com> <CAHHBGkoPgSSPgAuYmpG=-cxAiCOdVCjVirqY7jOc1R7qrB7FrA@mail.gmail.com> <52603EE1.9070003@networktest.com>

Next in thread | Previous in thread | Raw E-Mail | Index | Archive | Help
On 10/17/13 12:47 PM, David Newman wrote:
> 
> 
> On 10/16/13 8:42 PM, illoai@gmail.com wrote:
>> On 16 October 2013 21:05, David Newman <dnewman@networktest.com> wrote:
>>> After upgrading an amd64 system from 9.1-RELEASE to 9.2-RELEASE,
>>> 'portmaster -af' failed because it couldn't fetch a current version of
>>> lzip-1.14. I've pasted the error below.
>>>
>>> I tried contacting the port maintainer and ports@freebsd.org last week
>>> but haven't heard back. And the freebsd.org packages directory has
>>> lzip-1.13, not 1.14.
>>>
>>> Is there some other means of completing the ports reinstall? This system
>>> has at least one other port with lzip dependencies.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> dn
>>>
>>> $ portmaster -af
>>>
>>> ..
>>>
>>> ===>>> Returning to dependency check for archivers/lzip
>>> ===>>> Dependency check complete for archivers/lzip
>>>
>>> ===>  Cleaning for lzip-1.14
>>> ===>  License GPLv3 accepted by the user
>>> ===>   lzip-1.14 depends on file: /usr/local/sbin/pkg - found
>>> => lzip-1.14.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles//.
>>> => Attempting to fetch http://nongnu.askapache.com/lzip/lzip-1.14.tar.gz
>>> fetch: http://nongnu.askapache.com/lzip/lzip-1.14.tar.gz: Not Found
>>> => Attempting to fetch
>>> http://mirror.lihnidos.org/GNU/savannah/lzip/lzip-1.14.tar.gz
>>> fetch: http://mirror.lihnidos.org/GNU/savannah/lzip/lzip-1.14.tar.gz:
>>> Not Found
>>> => Attempting to fetch
>>> http://ftp.twaren.net/Unix/NonGNU/lzip/lzip-1.14.tar.gz
>>> fetch: http://ftp.twaren.net/Unix/NonGNU/lzip/lzip-1.14.tar.gz: Not Found
>>> => Attempting to fetch
>>> ftp://ftp.twaren.net/Unix/NonGNU/lzip/lzip-1.14.tar.gz
>>> fetch: ftp://ftp.twaren.net/Unix/NonGNU/lzip/lzip-1.14.tar.gz: File
>>> unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
>>> => Attempting to fetch
>>> http://gnu.mirrors.pair.com/savannah/savannah/lzip/lzip-1.14.tar.gz
>>> fetch:
>>> http://gnu.mirrors.pair.com/savannah/savannah/lzip/lzip-1.14.tar.gz: Not
>>> Found
>>> => Attempting to fetch
>>> ftp://gnu.mirrors.pair.com/savannah/lzip/lzip-1.14.tar.gz
>>> fetch: ftp://gnu.mirrors.pair.com/savannah/lzip/lzip-1.14.tar.gz: File
>>> unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
>>> => Attempting to fetch
>>> http://download-mirror.savannah.gnu.org/releases/lzip/lzip-1.14.tar.gz
>>> fetch:
>>> http://download-mirror.savannah.gnu.org/releases/lzip/lzip-1.14.tar.gz:
>>> Not Found
>>> => Attempting to fetch
>>> ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/lzip-1.14.tar.gz
>>> fetch:
>>> ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/lzip-1.14.tar.gz: File
>>> unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
>>> => Couldn't fetch it - please try to retrieve this
>>> => port manually into /usr/ports/distfiles// and try again.
>>> *** [do-fetch] Error code 1
>>>
>>> Stop in /usr/ports/archivers/lzip.
>>>
>>> ===>>> make failed for archivers/lzip
>>> ===>>> Aborting update
>>>
>>> ===>>> Killing background jobs
>>> Terminated
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> freebsd-questions@freebsd.org mailing list
>>> http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-questions
>>> To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-questions-unsubscribe@freebsd.org"
>>
>> If nothing you have depends on lzip (try "pkg info -r lzip"
>> or "pkg_info -r lzip", depending), just run
>> $ portmaster -x lzip -af
> 
> No joy. Even though I installed the lzip-1.13 package from the FreeBSD
> ftp site, the pkg utility does not show it as installed.
> 
> And, per the original post, lzip is a dependency for other ports, hence
> this problem.
> 
> 
>> Otherwise, googling around for "lzip-1.14.tar.gz" should get you the
>> appropriate file(s).  Maybe.
>>
> 
> One of the top Google hits was to my email to the port maintainer last week:
> 
> http://www.opendevs.org/iwzku/freebsd-port-lzip-1-14.html
> 
> I have not heard from the FreeBSD port maintainer, but someone did reply
> with a URL pointing to lzip-1.14.tar.gz on a Fedora site.
> 
> In the unlikely event that Fedora's file locations and dependencies are
> the same as FreeBSD's, is it really as simple as just dropping that .gz
> file in /usr/ports/distfiles?

Answering my own question, yes, it really is that simple. I grabbed that
file from the Fedora site and verified that its SHA256 digest matches
that in the distinfo file. The 1.14 port installed OK.

Still, until this port's broken links get fixed, installing it won't be
straightforward.

dn



> 
> thanks
> 
> dn
> 
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> freebsd-questions@freebsd.org mailing list
> http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-questions
> To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-questions-unsubscribe@freebsd.org"
> 



Want to link to this message? Use this URL: <http://docs.FreeBSD.org/cgi/mid.cgi?5260422F.7040503>