Date:      Tue, 14 Jul 1998 00:26:33 +0100
From:      John <freebsd-root@i-zone.demon.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Script for dialup users

In article <000201bdae62$b1210080$0201a8c0@luc>, Steven
<darkstar@aei.ca> writes
>> I try one . It takes the login name correctlly but at the password
>> the script halted and i have to continue manually and to type the password
>> by hand.
>>
>> Does anyone have any solution for this case?
>>
>> I want to say thanks in advance.

It would be helpful if you posted the script (with xxx in place of the
password :-)). I'm guessing here but I think it may be trying to match
your password, and failing, because input for password changes to half
duplex (i.e. is not echoed), and your script expects an echo. It should
be configured so that it just sends a password \r\n then process the
rest of the script.

--
John