Date:      Tue, 7 Sep 2004 04:28:41 +0200
From:      Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>
To:        "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        Adam Smith <adam@internode.com.au>
Subject:   Re: xorg & KDE 3.3 startup issues in 5.3 BETA3

On Tuesday 07 September 2004 04:13, Daniel O'Connor wrote:

> Not to mention it also has a 'default' - I really don't know what that does
> :(

'default' is 'KDE'. I don't really know myself while it doesn't just put KDE
(default) into the list of session types...

> It seems like a POLA violation given that it isn't the default to act like
> xdm.

I personally think that defaulting to the last selected session is pretty
reasonable, and defaulting to KDE when no last selected session is available
is at least understandable (given that it's the KDE display manager). However,
if you disagree, by all means file a wish at http://bugs.kde.org ...

--
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi@freebsd.org