Date:      Sat,  6 Feb 1999 20:00:00 +0200 (EET)
From:      Petri Helenius <pete@sms.fi>
To:        Chris Knight <fbsd-stb@ghostwheel.com>
Cc:        Neil Groeber <neil@elfie.demon.co.uk>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: please read /usr/src/UPDATING! (was: Re: Kernel build failure)

Chris Knight writes:
 > At 11:51 AM 2/6/99 +0000, you wrote:
 > >Sorry about that waste of band width DOH!!!!!!
 > >I've only just joined this mailing list (so hadn't seen the HEADS UP) as
 > >I've never had problems updating to a STABLE version untill now, thanks
 > >for your patience.
 >
 > Definatly not a waste of bandwidth.  It is possible to upgrade to
 > 3.0-stable right now, just not extremely easy.  This URL was posted after
 > Jordan's message about upgrading, and I am plannning on using these
 > instructions to upgrade one of my boxes this weekend:
 >
 > http://www.ucb.crimea.ua/~ru/FreeBSD/30upgrade.html

I just upgraded using these instructions and it went smoothly, however
I was not able to get my old WD8013C running after the upgrade so I
just swapped the board for a modern PCI ethernet card which I should
have done a long time ago.

Other than that, I'm very happy with the upgrade. Thanks for the great
piece of software and instructions.

Pete