Date:      Tue, 3 Dec 2002 10:18:53 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tiarnan O'Corrain <ocorrain@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Automount from a Solaris NIS server possible?

Hello--

I'm running FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE and have managed
(after some difficulty), to get it to bind to a Solaris
NIS server we have here. All NIS users can log on
now, but I can't figure out how to get home
directories automounted when users do log in.

I tried a couple of things on the web, an awk
script to transform the Solaris "auto.home", to
amd syntax, and it seems to work fine, except that
no home directories are mounted when NIS users
log in.

I'm hoping for a "silver bullet" solution! Here are some
relevant bits:

# cat /etc/amd.conf
[ global ]
auto_dir = /net
log_file = /var/log/amd
log_options = all
search_path = /etc/amdmaps

[/net]
map_type = nis
map_name = amd.nis

#### From the amd.nis map
/defaults
opts:=rw,grpid,intr,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,resvport;type:=nfs
username host==nlattp6sfs1;type:=link;fs:=/volumes/home/toostenburg
host!=nlattp6sfs1;os!=netbsd1;type:=nfs;rhost:=nlattp6sfs1;rfs:=/volumes/home/toostenburg
host!=nlattp6sfs1;os==netbsd1;type:=nfs;opts:=rw,grpid,intr,resvport,proto="udp",vers=2;rhost:=nlattp6sfs1

It seems that amd is not picking up NIS logons.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Tiarnan