Date:      Wed, 7 Aug 1996 14:41:35 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Samy Touati <lmcsato@lmc.ericsson.se>
To:        Stephen Hovey <shovey@buffnet.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: machine crashing

No panic a simple reboot.
It's not a memory problem and here's why:

network <---> A <-----> B <-----> C

I have a network, and machine A connected via ethernet to a network of sun.
Manchine A is connected to machine B via a ppp link.
Machine B is connected to machine C via ethernet.
Machine A and B are FBSD 2.1, machine C is an IPX with solaris 2.5.
Machine A uses proxyarp  with machine B.
Machine B and C has a different set of IP addresses.

If I display an X application from the network to be displayed on machine
B it works just fine.
If I display the same X application on machine C it will work for a
couple of minutes before A reboots.