Date:      Tue, 19 Feb 2002 09:13:02 +1100
From:      Tony Landells <ahl@austclear.com.au>
To:        ann kok <annkok2001@yahoo.com>
Cc:        Matthew Emmerton <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>, edwin@mavetju.org, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: don't understand the message in maillog

annkok2001@yahoo.com said:
> I would like to know now how do I prevent someone to use my server?

If you have a reject message in the log, they didn't use your server.
You know, "reject" = "not accept" = "go away, don't use my server"...

Just on the log message you sent, the message had zero bytes and no
recipients, which means there was no message and they didn't use your
server.  The reject message should show you WHY you rejected it which
may help you to understand what your server does and does not allow.

Tony
--
Tony Landells					<ahl@austclear.com.au>
Senior Network Engineer				Ph:  +61 3 9677 9319