Date:      Fri, 28 Apr 2006 09:50:35 GMT
From:      Andriy Gapon <avg@icyb.net.ua>
To:        freebsd-threads@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: threads/94176: KSE: sigwait doesn't recieve SIGWINCH sent by pthread_kill() or kill -WINCH

The following reply was made to PR threads/94176; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Andriy Gapon <avg@icyb.net.ua>
To: eugeny gladkih <john@drweb.com>
Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, David Xu <davidxu@FreeBSD.org>
Subject: Re: threads/94176: KSE: sigwait doesn't recieve SIGWINCH sent by
 pthread_kill() or kill -WINCH
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 12:48:23 +0300

 on 27/04/2006 19:50 eugeny gladkih said the following:
> [...]
 [snip]
 >  AG> http://condor.wesleyan.edu/cgi-bin/man.cgi?section=2&topic=sigwait
 [snip]
 > why so stupid code should be presented in all software wanted
 > just to wait the signal? :(

 Eugeny,

 I already read your subsequent email, but I still would like to point
 that the link I gave and what David says explain pretty good the reason
 why this is needed.

 --
 Andriy Gapon