Date:      Mon, 14 Jan 2008 10:01:55 +0000
From:      Dieter <freebsd@sopwith.solgatos.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Flash plugin on 7.0, what are my options?

> > If you run the 32bit version of FreeBSD. For 64bit I would be
> > surprised if it works (flashplugin is 32bit, and the native firefox
> > would be 64bit, this doesn't work together, you could try with
> > linux-firefox in this case, as it is 32bit too).
>
> Thanks for the tip Alexander.  Linux-firefox does start flash on
> youtube.com for example but crashes within a few seconds on AMD64 for
> me.  This could be a problem with the linux and linux kernels that I'm
> using.  I'm going to keep trying to get a wining combination and this
> could be a start.

I tried to compile firefox awhile back and it wasn't even in the same
universe as LP64 clean.  Over 35,000 compiler warnings, many of which
should be fatal errors.  Fixed a lot of them and it still crashed
instantly.  Is firefox any better today?

Are there any web browsers with a reasonable combination of quality
and features?