Date:      Mon, 30 Jan 2012 11:05:38 -0500
From:      Wesley Shields <wxs@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sudo security advisory

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 10:56:44AM -0500, Mike Tancsa wrote:
> Hi,
>

> http://www.gratisoft.us/sudo/alerts/sudo_debug.html
>
> >From the advisory,
>
> Successful exploitation of the bug will allow a user to run arbitrary
> commands as root.
> Exploitation of the bug does *not* require that the attacker be listed
> in the sudoers file. As such, we strongly suggest that affected sites
> upgrade from affected sudo versions as soon as possible.

I was aware of this last night but was not planning on touching a
computer until I'm officially off vacation tomorrow. However, I think I
have enough time today to get the updated version in the tree along with
a VuXML entry.

Update your ports tree later tonight and hopefully it will be in there.

-- WXS