Date:      Mon, 17 Jul 2017 21:04:51 +0300
From:      Heikki Lindholm <holin@iki.fi>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   zfs

Hello list,

man utimes says:
"The access time is set to the value of the first element, and the
modification time is set to the value of the second element. For file
systems that support file birth (creation) times (such as UFS2), the
birth time will be set to the value of the second element if the second
   element is older than the currently set birth time."

I can't set birthtime on ZFS although files appear to have it. Is it
supposed to work? If not, why not? (On FBSD 11.0)

Please, cc me, I'm not subscribed to the list.

Regards,
Heikki Lindholm