Date:      Tue, 6 Oct 1998 20:35:01 -0400
From:      "Charles A. Peters" <charlespeters@tecpro.com>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Setting up PicoBSD Dialup to do network routing for a lan via dialup ppp and network interface card

I am interested in setting up picobsd to do routing
for my small lan via a dialup connection.

I would like to have the network card in the bsd box
(ip=192.168.0.1) be the default gateway for my Win95,
Win98, and WinNT users.  I then would like the bsd box
to dialup the internet and establish the connection,
and begin routing traffic for my local net.

I would like the system to disconnect whenever the
line is idle for 15 mins., but to automatically
reconnect whenever it sees internet traffic on
192.168.0.1.

I already have picobsd dialup running ppp, but am a
little lost about where to go from here.

Also, what changes are required in rc.conf, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Charles

mailto:charlespeters@tecpro.com