Date:      Mon, 30 Jul 2012 02:09:11 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Kyle Hanson <hanooter@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Where did my port go?

On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 18:14:48 -0500, Kyle Hanson wrote:
> Thanks for the response. I'll check when I get home. Its called
> hs-haskell-platform in devel for reference.

Allow me to add: Some ports do not directly install the
binaries into $LOCALBASE/bin (/usr/local/bin typically),
but instead into /usr/local/<something>/bin and then make
a symlink. An example is gprolog:

	/usr/local/gprolog-1.4.0/bin/pl2wam
	/usr/local/gprolog-1.4.0/bin/gprolog

In your case, it's not that easy because the specified
port directory does not contain a package list, and the
Makefile includes a different file from lang/ghc which
contains some binary locations. That directory also
contains a pkg-plist file which has entries such as

	bin/ghc
	bin/ghci
	bin/ghc-pkg
	bin/runhaskell
	bin/haddock-ghc-%%GHC_VERSION%%
	bin/ghci-%%GHC_VERSION%%
	bin/hsc2hs
	bin/ghc-pkg-%%GHC_VERSION%%
	bin/runghc
	bin/ghc-%%GHC_VERSION%%
	bin/hp2ps
	bin/hpc

I'm quite confident that this is what you've been searching
for. Again, depending on metaporting and dependency construction,
the binaries may be recorded in /var/db/pkg as described in
my previous message.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany