Date:      Mon, 8 Jul 2002 00:05:12 +1000
From:      "Danny" <dannyho@bigpond.net.au>
To:        "Masood Ahmad Shah" <jahil@mail.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: dhcpd server problem

You should install isc-dhcp 3 server from ports collection.

You download the ports.tar.gz file from www.freebsd.org/ports.

To uncompress the file type in
1. Login to superuser by typing in "su" and the password
2. On the screen type in "zcat ports.tar.gz | tar xvf - -C /usr/"

1. Type in cd /usr/ports/net/isc-dhcp3
2. Type in /usr/ports/net/isc-dhcp3/make install
3. Edit the dhcpd.conf file in /usr/local/etc

If you have any "issues" with isc-dhcp try the following achieves for the
isc-dhcp mailing list http://www.isc.org/ml-archives/dhcp-server/