Date:      Fri, 5 Sep 1997 08:37:33 -0400
From:      "Carol Goon" <cgoon@csrlink.net>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   PAP login difficulties

Good morning,

	We have been having some difficulty with the PAP dial-up logins with
mgetty.  To give you a brief history:

We set up PPP logins with getty with no difficulty,  the getty seems to be
working with no hitches.

We (in this order) followed the documentation
(freebds.org/handbook/handbook179.html) on setting up the pap-dialup, then
loaded the mgetty program.

When we login, the login config file never fire the ppp-pap-dialup instead
firing the standard login program.

When we monitor the process stack, we notice a login o is executed during
the attempt and hangs.   Then it finally times out and hangs out the modem.

Any help you could give us would be greatly appreciated.   Thank you in
advance.

Carol E. Goon
ISP Manager