Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 2006 23:04:43 -0800
From:      Fumiaki Okushi <fumiaki@okushi.com>
To:        perl@freebsd.org
Subject:   bug in p5-PCSC-Card port and a fix for it

Hi, I hope this is the correct email address to report a bug and suggest a fix.
If not, please forward to the appropriate channel.

I tried to use p5-PCSC-Card on 6-stable but it failed with the message:

  Failed to load PCSC library

On examination, I found that the reference to the pcsc-lite library was to libpcsclite.so.0.
On my 6-stable system, there is no libpcsclite.so.0 but libpcsclite.so.1.
After editing files/path-PCSCperl.h so that the reference is to libpcsclite.so.1
I am able to build p5-PCSC-Card that would work on my system.

A possibly better fix might be to simply refer to libpcsclite.so (and not .so.1)
and let the system decide which version of libpcsclite.so to use.

Thanks,
Fumiaki Okushi