Date:      Sun, 17 Feb 2008 14:27:29 +0100
From:      Ivan Voras <ivoras@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PC Specifications for Free BSD

--------------enigE5BAD03E9697AB9BF35FEE38

Hammad Tariq wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> We have received following specifications from the local supplier
> regarding the PC specifications for RSG.
>=20
> Can you please provide your feedback on its compatibility.

>=20
> IBM x3250 eServer Xeon Dual Core (3050) 2.13GHz 1024MB (no HDD) CD LAN
> (ATI RN50 16MB)

A friend of mine had problems with x3250; specifically with the mpt disk =

controller he got shipped with it (LSI 1064E SAS/RAID). The problem=20
manifests in low IO performance on the drives and it's apparently=20
something in the driver. If you can verify that your machine doesn't=20
have this controller, or you don't care about disk IO performance, it's=20
a good enough machine.