Date:      Wed, 15 Feb 2006 01:05:39 +0900
From:      Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume@FreeBSD.org>
To:        arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   [CFR] enabling NLS catalog for csh(1)

Hi,

The NLS catalog of csh(1) is not enabled on RELENG_6 and HEAD since
tcsh 6.14 was imported.
The tcsh 6.14 uses libiconv to convert catalogs to appropriate charset
dynamically.  However, we don't have libiconv in our tree.  So, I made
some hack to load libiconv dynamically.
With my patch applied, if libiconv is available, you can use catalogs
for more locales than the locales which catalog is actually installed.
To use this feature, you need to symlink catalogs to appropriate
locales.  I made a port to do this.
You can get the patch and the port from:

	http://www.imasy.or.jp/~ume/FreeBSD/csh-nls.diff
	http://www.imasy.or.jp/~ume/FreeBSD/tcsh_nls.port.tar.gz

Some files required to enable use of libiconv are not imported in our
tree.  The patch includes them, too.  When committing it, I'll import
them into vendor branch.

Please review it.  If there is no objection, I'll commit it.

Sincerely,

ume@mahoroba.org  ume@{,jp.}FreeBSD.org
http://www.imasy.org/~ume/