Date:      Mon, 3 Feb 2014 22:36:18 -0800
From:      Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
To:        Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org, FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>, CeDeROM <cederom@tlen.pl>
Subject:   Re: VirtualBox 4.3.6 keyboard repeats keystrokes

On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 7:03 PM, Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 8:44 PM, Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 12:38 PM, CeDeROM <cederom@tlen.pl> wrote:
>>
>> > Hello :-)
>> >
>> > I have noticed that quite often keystrokes are repeated in VBox 4.3.6
>> > OSE on FreeBSD-10.0 AMD64. For example when I press cursor left it
>> > repeats many times, letters also. The fast way to stop this is to
>> > switch to another application on my BSD box then switch back to VBox..
>> >
>> > Did anyone notice this behavior? What is the problem?
>> >
>> > Best regards :-)
>> > Tomek
>> >
>> > --
>> > CeDeROM, SQ7MHZ, http://www.tomek.cedro.info
>> >

>> I have this issue, but only when logged into the VM remotely via RDP. From
>> the local console this never happens. It is intermittent and never happens
>> when the session is first opened.
>>

> Do you notice this only in VBox or other hypervisiors like bhyve or qemu?
> (Some motherboards do not like virtualization even when the CPU allows it
> one easy way to test this is with petitecloud [you might even find it a
> good replacement for vbox])
> --
> Aryeh M. Friedman, Lead Developer, http://www.PetiteCloud.org

I only have tried VB, but I just realized that the problem is either an
upstream VB issue or an issue with the RDP implementation in rdesktop.

I just realized that I see the same issue when connected to a Linux Mint VB
client running on a Windows7 system.  The only common FreeBSD involvement
is that it us the RDP client.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer, Retired
E-mail: rkoberman@gmail.com