Date:      Sun, 2 Jun 1996 15:39:28 GMT
From:      James Raynard <fcurrent@jraynard.demon.co.uk>
To:        grog@lemis.de
Cc:        dyson@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Vm fixes NG

[Cc list pruned]

> I've just built a kernel with ctm 2065.  emacs still takes several
> attempts to start, but once it's running, there are no more problems
> (this is the way it's been all along--sorry I didn't mention that
> before).  Today the crashes were all clean SIGSEGVs.

I had a lockup under X with a ctm 2065 kernel today 8-(

Emacs appeared to be working normally, then suddenly C-k and the
return key stopped functioning (although the other keys I tried
worked). I went to close it down with C-x C-c and the machine promptly
locked up.

I had quite a few start-up crashes with Emacs as well.

I'm currently compiling a ctm 2068 kernel. I'll post again if there
are any new developments.

--
James Raynard, Edinburgh, Scotland | http://freefall.freebsd.org/~jraynard/
james@jraynard.demon.co.uk         | jraynard@freebsd.org