Date:      Fri, 20 Sep 2002 15:09:16 -0700
From:      Gordon Tetlow <gordont@gnf.org>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Panic on 4.6.1-RELEASE-p10 with a Crusoe processors

--G4iJoqBmSsgzjUCe

I have a *very* reproducable panic from my RLX Transmeta Blade when I try
to do a sysctl -a. It hits hw.crusoe.longrun and crashes the box. Since this
is in production I didn't get a core dump (I don't have a debug kernel around
since this is on a production server). Here's the info from the console:

stack pointer           = 0x10:0xc874cdfc
frame pointer           = 0x10:0xc874ce0c
code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                        = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags        = resume, IOPL = 0
current process         = 174 (sysctl)
interrupt mask          = none
trap number             = 9
panic: general protection fault

I don't know if that helps, but there it is.

If you want to look at the code that pertains,
src/sys/i386/i386/identcpu.c:1138

-gordon

--G4iJoqBmSsgzjUCe

--G4iJoqBmSsgzjUCe--