Date:      Tue, 21 Nov 2000 10:08:20 -0800
From:      "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg@monkeys.com>
To:        asmodai@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/21708: kqueue/kevent man pages isn't specific about `timeout'

In message <200011211523.HAA30351@freefall.freebsd.org>, you wrote:

>Synopsis: kqueue/kevent man pages isn't specific about `timeout'
>
>State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
>State-Changed-By: asmodai
>State-Changed-When: Tue Nov 21 07:22:51 PST 2000
>State-Changed-Why:
>Document the fact that the time parameter is interpreted as
>a struct timespec.
>
>http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=21708

This resolution is *not* adequate.

Please refer to my PR again.

The problem is that it is not specified whether the timeout is treated
as a _relative_ timespec or as an _absolute_ timespec.

Just saying that it is a timespec does not resolve the issue.

P.S.  My own experiments seem to indicate that the timeout value is
treated as being _relative_ to the present moment, i.e. the moment
at which the call to kevent(2) is actually made.