Date:      Wed, 7 Aug 2013 21:27:12 -0700
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        George Neville-Neil <gnn@neville-neil.com>
Cc:        eclipse@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Upgrading java/eclipse and java/eclipse-devel

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 05:03:26PM -0400, George Neville-Neil wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> Eclipse 4.2, which we have in java/eclipse-devel has been out for over a year and Eclipse 4.3 is "nearly done" as far
> as anyone can tell.  I'd like to propose that we copy the devel port to the normal port, and then do two things.
> First I'd like to get Eclipse 4.2 working with openjdk7.  RIght now the build fails but that was just a naive attempt
> to build the port with the new jdk.  Secondly we can mark eclipse-devel broken until we can start getting 4.3
> running in that port.
>
> Thoughts?

Just catching up on being way behind with email...

The port moving has been on my TODO list for far too long.  Please go ahead
with it if you've got the bandwidth to do so.  You probably want to apply
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=181124 to eclipse-devel first
though.

Sounds like getting 4.3 working is going to be a pretty major effort given
the follow ups in the thread.

I'd also like to see Eclipse working much better on FreeBSD.

--
Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Information Technology              FreeBSD : glewis@FreeBSD.org